Wednesday, March 25, 2009

BELIEF IN GOD??????

A person came to me, after learning of a troubling diagnosis and said, "What will happen to me if I don't believe in God?"

I asked her to tell me what she saw when she looked at her children and her grandchildren? and her friends? and flowers and sunsets?

What does she smell when she is cooking dinner for her family?

How does she feel when tiny drops of rain float down around her on a spring day? Or when warm breezes caress her skin?

"This my friend, is what God is. God is the love you see in your friends and family, the bountiful harvest you can choose from to cook loving meals, the colors, smells, and feelings that abound in nature. Do you believe in these things?"

She nodded.

"Then, my dear one, you believe in God."

and if that isn't enough,

"know always that God believes in you."

No comments: