Thursday, January 29, 2009

THE LAW OF ATTRACTION WORKS

I love, love, love this story. And you will too - betcha.
Last night I was visiting with a young woman, and was asking her about her blessings. She told me she rescued dogs and had three precious ones sharing her life. She had me at "rescued dogs."

She told me how she got her Chow and her Basset Hound, but she said, "you will never believe how I got my Pomeranian." (Leona - this post is for you too - because you have shared with me the fantasy from childhood, that a dog would follow you home.)

She said she had a special cat that she loved. One day her cat poked her head in the bushes, was attacked by a snake, and curled up and died right before her eyes. She was heartbroken.

She decided that she would not get another cat because it would remind her of her loss, so she said to her husband that she would like to get a dog. He agreed, but said, give it sometime - you need time to heal.

She watched the Westminster Dog show to see what kind of dog she would like, and decided on a Pom. That being said, she went about her life - looking at shelters for a Pom, reading newspaper ads. No Poms.

She was heading into the supermarket pushing a cart in from the parking lot. Over her head she saw a shadow of a huge bird of prey, and then she saw the bird itself, and then something plopped in her empty shopping cart. Can you guess??

A beautiful blond Pom puppy. The pup was uninjured except for the talon marks on her body. The woman called her husband and said, "you are not going to believe this, but....."

And they lived happily ever after.

(ps - for those legalistic minds - the small print: yes, the woman did the right thing by putting an ad in the newspaper and looking for postings of lost puppies, but admittedly, was relieved when no one responded. So her gift from the heavens still lives with her and is her angel that keeps her going during her current medical pain.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That is the most wonderful and amazing story I've ever heard...a puppy dropping from the heavens! Excuse me now, I must go wish for a miniature horse...